Cleveland Orchestra Resources
Congratulations to Jennifer Thomas! You are the winner of a copy of LISTEN! Shannon, thanks for your generosity, and Jennifer, thanks for checking out PBJamz! I hope you'll share it with the teachers and musicians and authors in your world!
Overview of Cleveland Orchestra resources
Something different for this episode. I had a little break between interviews, and I've been exploring some amazing resources from the Cleveland orchestra. This video is an overview of the resources and some information about this episode's giveaway . . . .watch to the end for that info and leave me a comment as to which prize you want if you win. There will be 2 separate giveaways. Check out the video and the giveaway section.
Music Explorers on YouTube
Early Childhood playlist on YouTube
Storytime with the Cleveland Orchestra on YouTube
What is an Orchestra playlist on YouTube
PBJamz books from the Cleveland Orchestra and links
I've linked up tons of lessons, activities and resource lists below that go with each of the books on the StoryTime playlist. I'm sure there are more, and I may add them later, but this should give you a happy plethora of ideas to start with to use these books in your classroom, preschool, homeschool, etc. Please support these authors and the Cleveland Orchestra in whatever ways you can!
I'm offering a double giveaway this episode (2/2 & 2/9). Please let me know in the comments which giveaway you'd like to enter.
1. For my author friends -- a picture book manuscript critique for a manuscript WITH MUSICAL CONNECTIONS. (Future PBJamz material ;-))
2. For my non-author friends (or author friends who prefer a book ;-), I will purchase your choice of the featured books (in the list above) from the Cleveland Orchestra StoryTime playlist and send it to you in the mail.
To be eligible, leave a comment below by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2023! Tell me if you prefer a book or a critique. There will be 2 separate drawings!
It's a double giveaway for PBJamz (almost) birthday. February 24 makes 1 year of PBJamz content! You can help PBJamz grow by sharing it with :
1. Music teachers (Your friends, your children's music teachers, the music teachers at your church, on your social media, etc.)
2. Aspiring authors (We often give away critiques and there are writing tips from authors, songwriters, author-illustrators, etc.!)
3. Preschool teachers/daycare workers (Many of the books I share are perfect to share with our youngest upcoming musicians and would be a wonderful addition to their preschool experience.
4. Anyone who loves kidlit. . . .
5. Anyone who loves music. . .
6. Anyone you think of when you're perusing PBJamz episodes.
7. Oh, yes, and anyone who loves peanut butter and jelly ;-).
2/12/2023 11:36:46 am
What a generous giveaway! I'd love to win one of the books to donate to a librarian friend's school library.
2/12/2023 01:24:19 pm
Wow, the Cleveland Orchestra website has so many wonderful resources! I especially love the lesson library! Thank you for sharing the video, and for the giveaway opportunity!
2/12/2023 05:46:58 pm
Janet Frenck Sheets
2/12/2023 06:36:02 pm
I actually have a manuscript with musical connections! I'd love to win a critique. I bet you're a great source of ideas about comp titles, too. Thanks for the opportunity!
Leave a Reply.
This page is the official space for PBJamz -- multimedia Jamorama celebrating all things PB (picture books) and Jamz (music), although we'll indulge in the other PBJ snacks where appropriate :-). Join us each Thursday for new content connecting picture books and music!